Friday, August 8, 2008

And Away We Go....

This blog will wind up being more therapeutic for me than entertaining for you. Then again, you may find my psychosis quite entertaining. I know my therapist does. It's a regular yuck-fest every Thursday.

My current (and most recurrent) problem of late has been how to get people to do what I want without resorting to screaming at them at the top of my lungs. But it's soooo hard not to sometimes. For example: my neighbors keep leaving trash in the hallways. Do you really have to ask people NOT to leave trash in the hallways when you pay damn near a G for a crap-tastic studio in Woodside? Apparently you do.

Ms. Passive-Aggressive (yeah, that's me) placed a giant water bug in front of the door of the latest offender. Surprisingly, it only worked for a week. I know I was none to happy to find the water bug in my kitchen. I thought that I'd share the feeling. But damned if it didn't work. Today I'm trying a sign.
The sign says, "Attention Neighbors: Please do not leave your trash in the hallways. Not only does it violate the NYC Fire Code (combustible trash in common areas), it is a filthy practice that promotes the spread of roaches and mice in the building....."

The next and final step will be "the talking to". I can guarantee you that it'll be doomed to degenerate into screaming and threats of retaliation, so I really don't want to talk to my neighbors in person about this at all.

Wish me luck.

No comments: