Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Karma karma karma chameleon

Okay, now I'm obsessed. I've joined as a fan of Phelps on Facebook. I'm one step away from buying a poster and putting it on the wall over my bed. Fun fact: Michael Phelps is double jointed in the knees.
I could pull him like taffy. I could climb him like Everest. I could.... Okay, enough.

Today was pretty neat in a weird way. It almost started out badly with some asshole trying to express his road-roid-rage by playing chicken with my bus.

First, he cut me off from the right as a truck backed into a loading dock. Fine. Asshole cut me off. You'd think that would be the end of it. Nooooo.... He stops short in front of me. This is a common tactic of assholes doing asshole things in front of the bus. I pull over to the right, faking him out. As he swings right to stop short in front of me yet again, I pull left and turn onto Rust Street.

This is where the dumbass goes badly wrong. Now he pursues me by driving on the wrong side of the street. He's weaving to and fro trying to push me over like we're in Mad Max or something. Next thing I know, the cops pull up behind him, lights flashing and pull his dumbass over. Utter, utter perfection. I could have kissed that cop full on the lips.

The rest of my day was gravy. I had an empty bus on two occasions. I didn't pick up any of my regulars. I was riding around so light, I started to get a bit concerned. But I was dead on time-wise. The weather was nice and cool, my bus was good, and Karma bit a schmuck right in the ass. All in all it was a good day.

No comments: