Friday, August 29, 2008

Die Hipster Scum!


Good God, how I want to buy this tee shirt. I know.... it's ironic that it was sold at Urban Outfitters. But the way I've been feeling this whole pick, I want to wear it right in the middle of Williamsburg and scream at all those grown ass men on skateboards.
I've come to understand why I dislike them so. They behave like large, slow children. A bad combination of naivete and a cloistered 'liberal' education. They ask questions like, "Does the bus start all by itself?" And they also ask 'are we there yet' questions incessantly. It's really like driving a yellow school bus. I'm waiting for a group of 'em to start singing 'The Wheels On The Bus'.
The chick who asked about how the bus starts also thought it was hilarious that I would be looking at an Ikea catalog. Noooo.... I'm not hip enough to move in her world....
It's fucking Ikea for crying out loud! Cheap Swedish crap marketed to the masses. I AM one of those masses. But I guess she assumed that I wasn't part of their demographic, being black and working class and all. She might be surprised that I read books other than ones written by Zane.
Fucking hipster scum. Die.
*Phew* I feel a bit better.

No comments: